Telepsychiatry services are provided using videoconferencing technology that enables real-time interaction between you and your psychiatrist from two separate locations. The technology is HIPAA-compliant and all of your private information is protected.
We launched telepsychiatry at Dogon Behavioral Medical Group to make receiving mental health care a better experience for our patients. Often, patients living in rural communities or who find transportation to be a challenge can now meet with their doctor or therapist via online video conferencing.
The use of video-based telepsychiatry helps meet our patients’ needs for convenient, affordable and readily-accessible mental health services. All you need is a laptop, smart phone, tablet or personal computer, a webcam and internet access.
The American Psychiatric Association supports the use of telemedicine as a legitimate component of a mental health delivery system to the extent that its use is in the best interest of the patient and is in compliance with the APA policies on medical ethics and confidentiality. With an evidence base that shows telepsychiatry leading to improved outcomes and higher patient satisfaction ratings, policy makers, payers and providers are increasingly considering ways to implement and use telepsychiatry.
Benefits of Telepsychiatry
- Increased convenience: You can receive specialized behavioral health treatment from the comfort of your home, without the hassle or cost of getting to our offices.
- Quality of care: By allowing your psychiatrist to connect with you on a more routine basis, telepsychiatry offers greater continuity of care. This offers you increased quality and a broader range of services while you are in the comfort of your home or office.
- Access: This overcomes barriers to your receiving services from us such as geographic distance, transportation difficulties and time limitations.
- Privacy: The technology platform we use is HIPAA-compliant, using 256-bit encryption (bank-level security).
- Simplicity of use: The telepsychiatry platform is very easy to use. All you need is a webcam, a computer and Internet to log in and begin the psychiatry session with your doctor.
Are you interested in learning more about Telepsychiatry or setting an appointment?
Complete the form below and we’ll quickly be in touch with you.